Innovation Strategies for Life Sciences
Dynamic Global Events Medical Writing: Innovation Strategies for Life Sciences conference will take an in depth look to improve medical writing methods to meet the deadline driven environment and new insight into best practices. Leverage your knowledge of publishing to demonstrate value and build customer loyalty. This event will explore regulatory and publications from the top industry experts and discuss digital medical writing tools for mobile learning apps and programs.
This Medical Writing conference will teach you the skills and opportunities to create structured content while writing under extreme pressure. Learn how to build an effective medical writing team, an essential part of the success of any project. Seasoned professionals will discuss protocols and effective ways to improve the quality of submissions.
Join the only Medical Writing conference that gives you the most exposure time in front of subject matter experts and top decision makers who are looking for solutions to improve capabilities that support medical writing!
About the Chairperson
Dr. Matthew T. Roe has been a faculty member at Duke University School of Medine and the Duke Clinical Research Institute (DCRI) since 1999. As a senior investigator at the DCRI, he has been the principal investigator for numerous phase II-IV cardiovascular clinical trials and is currently a co-principal investigator for the ADAPTABLE trial—the first large-scale pragmatic trials being conducted in the PCORnet network. He has also served in leadership roles for several observational registries focusing upon the treatment and outcomes of patients with cardiovascular disease and has served as the Director of the DCRI Clinical Research Fellowship since 2010.
Head of Clinical Innovation
Chief Executive Officer
Managing Director, Life Sciences Strategy and Operations, R&D Practice
General Counsel & Chief Privacy Officer
Doctor on Demand
- Meet with subject matter experts and top decision makers who are looking for solutions to improve capabilities that support medical writing
- Examine best practices in medical writing
- Hear how to build and work effectly with your medical writing team
- Learn how to cope with the pressure of medical writing deadlines
- Implement mobile learning development and technologies in medical writing
You will benefit from attending this event if you are a at a Pharmaceutical, Biotech or Medical Device company, with responsibility in the following areas:
- Medical Writing
- Regulatory Writing
- Regulatory Affairs
- Regulatory Operations
- Career Development
- Medical Communications
- Technical Writing
- Clinical Research
- Scientific Informations
- Electronic Submissions
- Medical Affairs
- Clinical Communications and Documentation
- Clinical Publishing
- Medical Affairs
- Submissions and Documentation
- Global Medical Publishing
This conference is also of interest to companies and vendors offering medical writing support from the following areas:
- Medical Writing Service Providers
- Regulatory Submissions Providers
- Clinical Research Organizations
- Document Application Suppliers
- Component Authoring Software Suppliers
- Publication Service Providers
- Bibliographic Software Suppliers
- eCTD Suppliers
- Structured Content Software Suppliers
October 19th, 2020 | Day 1
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
Registration & Continental Breakfast
9:00 AM - 9:15 AM
Conference Opening Remarks
9:15 AM - 10:00 AM
Paper to Hybrid to eTMF – Best Practices for Selecting, Implementing, Transitioning and Assuring Compliance from Day One
Maha Saad, Ph.D., MBA - Americas Pharmacovigilance Head, Bioresearch Quality and Compliance, Quality Assurance
JOHNSON & JOHNSON
10:00 AM - 10:45 AM
Moving Toward a Risk-based eTMF Operating Model
Laura Naranjo - Associate Director, TMF Operations
DAIICHI SANKYO, INC.
10:45 AM - 11:00 AM
Morning Networking Break
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Using Metrics to Optimize Business Decisions
REGENERON PHARMACEUTICALS, INC.
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
1:00 PM - 1:45 PM
1:45 PM - 2:45 PM
TMF Inspection Readiness
2:45 PM - 3:00 PM
Afternoon Networking Break
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Best Practices for Compliant eTMF Archiving
REGENERON PHARMACEUTICALS, INC.
4:00 PM - 4:45 PM
4:45 PM - 5:00 PM
Day 1 Closing Remarks
Joan A. ChambersThe Center for Information & Study on Clinical Research Participation (CISCRP)
Senior Director, Marketing & Outreach
Senior Vice President and Head of Pharmacoepidemiology and Risk Management
* Super Early Bird *Until 9/11/20
Early BirdUntil 10/9/20
VIRTUAL LIVE-STREAM PRICING
Register 2 Attendees, Get 1 Complimentary Registration*!
Certification is becoming an important factor in the healthcare industry in general. A survey of over 1000 key opinion leaders (KOLs) found that over 90% preferred medical affairs professionals who had a Board Certified Medical Affairs Specialist (BCMAS) designation.
Several pharmaceutical companies also look at certification as a way to assess whether an individual possesses the skills and knowledge required for successful performance in a medical affairs role. Why are companies looking for this assurance? They want to hire the best of the best. By becoming board certified in your field of expertise, and by maintaining BCMAS, you are saying that you:
- Have met standards that have been established and verified by a credible, accrediting body.
- Are dedicated to maintaining quality of excellence in your profession.
These are powerful statements that speak volumes about you as a professional and the company or organization you represent. Board certification demonstrates that you are committed to your profession and that you want to continue to learn and grow.
Studies have shown that individuals who are certified in their field have higher salaries and better promotion opportunities.
Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Certify with the ACMA:
- Accredited: The ACMA is recognized nationally & internationally as a true mark of quality and excellence in the pharmaceutical industry for medical affairs professionals. The ACMA is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education & Training (ANSI/IACET) which is the gold standard for certification & training around the world. Our program is administered and analyzed using the highest industry standards and state-of-the-art psychometric methodologies.
- Distinguish Yourself: Because ACMA offers multiple but related certificates, you can more readily become certified in more than one specialty, making you more valuable and marketable in the field.
- Go International: ACMA certification is widely accepted throughout the US as well as internationally with 25% of BCMAS graduates coming from outside the US.
- Expand Your Network: Once certified by ACMA you automatically become a member of the 75,000+ strong ACMA organization and gain access to a multitude of benefits, including discounts on continuing education, leadership opportunities, and access to a mentor to help you get ahead.
- Be on the cutting edge: ACMA board certification in medical affairs is the future of the life sciences and pharmaceutical industry.
Interested in BCMAS?
By attending any DGE/ACMA conference, receive 10% off of BCMAS registration.
Already BCMAS Certified? Receive 10% off your conference registration!