Digital Marketing in Life Sciences
What To Expect
Digital marketing is making rapid progress, and you can’t afford to be left behind. Thanks to advances in information-sharing platforms, customers have constant access to health information and records – so any mistake you make will be seen by more eyes than ever. The 2nd Digital Marketing in Life Sciences Conference provides all the skills and insights you need to streamline brand communication with customers and patients, while increasing transparency and growing for the future.
This event covers a broad spectrum of marketing techniques used by pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies and curated to showcase how to make actionable progress from revolutionary new ideas. Never-before-heard case studies guide you through digital transformation, social media, enhanced patient engagement, novel content strategies, and much more!
About the Chairperson
Dr. Matthew T. Roe has been a faculty member at Duke University School of Medine and the Duke Clinical Research Institute (DCRI) since 1999. As a senior investigator at the DCRI, he has been the principal investigator for numerous phase II-IV cardiovascular clinical trials and is currently a co-principal investigator for the ADAPTABLE trial—the first large-scale pragmatic trials being conducted in the PCORnet network. He has also served in leadership roles for several observational registries focusing upon the treatment and outcomes of patients with cardiovascular disease and has served as the Director of the DCRI Clinical Research Fellowship since 2010.
Head of Clinical Innovation
Chief Executive Officer
Managing Director, Life Sciences Strategy and Operations, R&D Practice
General Counsel & Chief Privacy Officer
Doctor on Demand
- Hear real world applications and solutions to enhance your digital campaign
- Ensure your organization is following all regulatory and compliance standards while developing an effective campaign
- Learn from top industry speakers that will provide strategic solutions for your digital campaign over various parts of the life cycle
- Identify patient engagement strategies in digital trends
- Implement digital transformation for enhanced customer engagement
- Discover ways to influence with relevant content, get customers to try your product or service and eventually form a preference for your brand
Who Should Attend?
You will benefit from attending this event if you are a Life Science professional working in the medical device, pharmaceutical, biotech, or CRO sectors, with responsibility in the following areas.
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Strategy
- Integrated Marketing
- Digital Experience
- Product Management
- Strategic Operations
- Social Media
- Interactive Services
- Integrated Marketing
- Multichannel Marketing
- Global Marketing
- Commercial Excellence
- Customer Engagement
- Global Partnerships
- Patient Solutions
- Mobile Marketing
- New Media
- Strategic/Clinical Innovation
- R&D Content Development
February 8th, 2021 | Day 1
8:40 AM - 9:00 AM EST
Registration & Log In
9:00 AM - 9:15 AM
Chairperson’s Opening Remarks
Improved Organizational Planning
9:15 AM - 10:00 AM
Win Buy-In from Organizational Leadership
As an in-house marketing specialist, it’s your job to convince and persuade your top decision makers to buy into your marketing plan. But where do you start?
- Develop a concrete plan and conduct relevant research
- Focus on how to communicate value
- Create a plan to present convincing data, provide meaningful analytics to support your case and quantifying your ask.
- Cultivate the leadership that will propel the cultural transformation needed to succeed in digital marketing
Mackenzie Farone - Senior Manager of Corporate Communications
Novel Digital Marketing Strategies
10:00 AM - 10:45 AM
Drive to a Customer-Centric Endeavor
The objective of any customer centric model should be to create a digital business model that leads to connected, cohesive customer experiences across the board. Enhance the customer awareness, craft customer-focused business models and gain a competitive edge to create a customer centric campaign.
- Identify how the convergence of digital technologies, process transformation and people can be unified to enhance the customer experience
- Emphasize personalized messaging with automated campaigns based that educate patients, offer helpful reminders, and check in on progress
- Hear how the customer journey strategy and real-time technology work with existing systems that includes sensors, apps, and drug treatments, healthcare and pharma industries will combine data and biophysical measurements to optimize patient care
- Devise customer centric approaches to improve your brand's relationship with customers and overall customer loyalty
Ann Watson - Chief Marketing Officer
TMRW LIFE SCIENCES
10:45 AM - 11:00 AM
11:00 AM - 11:45 AM
Enhance Your Content Management Flow to the Next Level of Quality, and Make Your Content a Trusted Source
Test and optimize your content to be perceived as credible and trustworthy. By creating targeted, value-driven branded content that offers current patients’ insight into relevant information, you can grow your audience, significantly.
- Modify content approach to stay relevant in a saturated digital market
- Ensure content addresses audience needs better than competitors
- Put audience needs first making sure content addresses all identified customer questions, pain points and objections
Ayaz Malik - Enterprise Marketing Excellence Manager
ROCHE DIAGNOSTICS CORPORATION
11:45 AM - 12:30 PM
Build Winning Brands with a Digital-First Approach
The goal of a branding campaign is to create an emotional connection to your product that transcends any one particular experience. A digital-first approach gives an ability to pivot quickly based on marketing data, customer feedback or changing times.
- Research and create content that gives the consumer/patient the information they need, they will value your brand and spread the word.
- Build a consumer branding campaign, to convince you’re your customers the merits and credibility of your brand
- Hear how to allure and captivate your audience, this is a task of persuasion, not information
Heather Smith - Digital Marketing Manager
Bio X Cell
12:30 PM - 1:00 PM
1:00 PM - 1:45 PM
Presentation by SymmetryRX
Hal Walsh - Chief Executive Officer
1:45 PM - 2:00 PM
2:00 PM - 2:45 PM
Achieve Error-Free Hands-Off Continuous Operation with Marketing Automation Campaigns
At a fundamental level, marketing automation is about optimization. From optimizing your staff’s time, to optimizing which customers your sales team focuses their effort on, the scope of marketing automation goes way beyond simply automating your marketing department’s repetitive tasks.
- Utilize MA to shorten production times and boost ROI
- Learn how to reach customers in a personalized way across different online and offline channels
- Create targeted marketing campaigns at a huge scale
- Determine which digital channels bring the best traffic and conversions
February 9th, 2021 | Day 2
8:40 AM - 9:00 AM
Metrics for Digital Marketing Success
9:00 AM - 9:45 AM
Build a Best-Practice UTM Tracking Strategy and Process for Your Digital Assets
One of the most valuable assets in marketing is to identify where things went haywire in your previous campaign. Having a dedicated time to set up UTM tracking to make your campaigns more effective will yield long term results and see where things went array.
- Construct trackable links
- Learn how to build a link management strategy that will enable to track seamlessly ROI from your campaigns
- Hear about the current state of market and what tools are out there
- Leverage your link management processes and Tags
Milena Mitova - Sr. Manager, Marketing Operations & Automation
BAUSCH HEALTH COMPANIES
9:45 AM - 10:30 AM
Align Your Marketing Objectives with the Right KPIs and Metrics
To support your goals with the right KPIs and metrics, you can undoubtedly measure, optimize and report on the contribution of your digital marketing efforts to sales, all while calculating your ROI as well.
- Learn clear and compelling calls to action for optimal conversion
- Discover effecting life sciences KPIs to tally the amount of sales generated when a prospect finds your content
- Explore strategies that will align your content directly with the target audience’s position in the marketing funnel
Sang Km - Digital Analytics & Optimization Leader
10:30 AM - 10:45 AM
Optimize Technology for Digital Marketing
10:45 AM - 11:30 AM
Map and Navigate Regulatory Risk
A number of external and internal forces and trends are placing additional pressures on life sciences regulatory compliance programs. Various policies along with laws and regulations play an instrumental role in deciding the importance and effectiveness of marketing of pharma and healthcare products, though it restricts the scope of marketing campaigns.
- Explore regulations that are affecting social media marketing campaigns
- Hear how renewed public interest in how life sciences companies are operating continue to affect how the government conducts its oversight
- Discover new pricing and privacy requirements in 2021
Carolyn Pfeiffer - Director, Data Platforms & Privacy
Social Media Today and Tomorrow
11:30 AM - 12:15 PM
Propel your Paid Promotion Campaigns to Success
Consumers are happy to follow and interact with branded pages that offer valuable content and advice, but a 2019 study found that pharma companies are not using social media to its full potential. Take advantage and connect with your target audience segments by implementing multi-channel strategies.
- Ensure to have a social media presence on both global and local level
- Become more visible and relatable to create meaningful interactions with your target audiences
- Leverage paid ads to enhance your social media network through proven strategies
- Track the engagement metrics to see what types of content, formats, times of day etc., work best with your target audience
Cynthia Hector - Marketing Manager
12:15 PM - 12:45 PM
12:45 PM - 1:30 PM
Deploy Modern Social Media Platforms for Use in Life Sciences
Pharma experiments with new media and emerging technology to prove the latest methods can work in a regulated industry, some companies put these new marketing tools to work, will yours be next?
- Drive your campaigns to success using machine learning chatbots to improve organization efficiency
- Implement new outreach strategies in communications across social messaging will result in a rise in customer experience levels and provide valuable data to help improve strategies, communications and products
- Analyze findings to predict which platforms engage patients to most likely to continue engagement
1:30 PM - 1:45 PM
1:45 PM - 2:30 PM
Facilitate the Connection Between Doctors and Patients through Telemedicine
When doctors and patients go virtual, where does that leave pharma? Setting up a tele health program can be costly but without a digital marketing campaign to put telehealth in front of patients, telehealth won’t be utilized.
- Learn about the various types of technology available today to support the marketing effort to deliver a marketing campaign with tele health.
- Optimize the patient’s journey across multiple touchpoints
- Leverage a health system’s low-cost options such as website, SEO, blogs and email to give optimal control over content and messaging
Director, Data Platforms & Privacy
Ayaz MalikROCHE DIAGNOSTICS
Enterprise Marketing Excellence Manager
Milena MitovaBAUSCH HEALTH COMPANIES
Sr. Manager, Marketing Operations & Automation
Mackenzie FaroneGREINER BIO-ONE
Senior Manager of Corporate Communications
Digital Analytics & Optimization Leader
Ann WatsonTMRW LIFE SCIENCES
Chief Marketing Officer
Heather SmithBIO X CEL
Digital Marketing Manager